Find Us Online!
If you plan to attend SSC 2014, we encourage your participation via our active social media platforms. Please see below for more information on engagement!
- Follow us on Twitter (@isth).
- Friend us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/internationalsocietythrombosisandhaemostasis.
- Use the hashtag #isth2014 for SSC 2014-related tweets.
- Blog, post, and tweet about what you are hearing and seeing at the meeting (highlighting or commenting on, but not sharing in detail, any of the material presented). Be sure to link back to our webpage - SSC 2014 or ISTH.
- Suggest sessions to attend and luncheons to enjoy; chat about sponsors and products in the Exhibition Hall.
- Request the permission of speakers if you would like to take their photograph directly before or after a session. (Unless you are an official ISTH photographer, please obtain the permission of the speaker before taking pictures, and please take photographs only before a session starts, or after it concludes.)
- Provide feedback to ISTH staff and the Local Organizing Committee. (For example, you could discuss topics of interest and/or speakers for next year's Congress in Toronto, make suggestions for sessions, or comment on the conference format.)
More Social Media Policies and Information
Except by specific prior written permission, ISTH does not permit the recording of presentations at the ISTH SSC Annual Meeting under any circumstances or in any form or media, including but not limited to audio recordings, still photography, video recordings, or literal transcripts.
ISTH permits and encourages the use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and blogging at the meeting as a way to summarize, highlight, excerpt, review, critique, and/or promote the presented materials, syllabus materials, or the meeting in general, provided that
- copyright law is observed
- verbatim information is limited to a few quotes, and
- the author or speaker is referenced and cited appropriately.
Please keep in mind that our presenters have invested many hours in the development of this material and copyright laws apply.
Out of respect for the other participants, we ask that noise-making electronic devices be silenced, though they need not be turned off, so that they may be used to follow along in the syllabus, tweet, or take notes in accordance with the above stated social media policy.
We request that participants in the conference refrain from:
- Using audio and/or video recording devices. These are strictly prohibited in sessions and in the Exhibit Hall, except in the interview area or by prior written agreement.
- Using photographic devices during sessions.
- Using photographic devices in the session rooms without permission of the speaker.
- Capturing, transmitting, or redistributing syllabus materials or the bulk of the material presented in a session. Doing so infringes on the intellectual property rights of the speakers.
- Engaging in rudeness or personal attacks.