Become Involved in the Society -- Volunteer for an ISTH Committee
Thursday, February 11, 2016
As a growing international medical/scientific professional society, the ISTH invites you to become actively involved in moving our many exciting programs and activities forward.
Become a member of one of ISTH’s committees and you will contribute to the global advancement of thrombosis and hemostasis and help build upon the success and impact of the ISTH.
However, it is not just how ISTH could benefit from your contributions, but how your service will also benefit you. Becoming involved in an ISTH committee offers:
- insight into the operations of a major international society
- the opportunity to connect and collaborate with peers from around the world, many of which are also leading members of the field.
- recognition for your contributions
- the possibility to expand your own personal and professional horizon
- Highly motivated to actively contribute to the pursuit of the mission, success and impact of ISTH
- Prepared to make the involvement in ongoing and ad hoc projects (as decided by the committee) a priority?
- Willing to dedicate at least 1 hour per week to the affairs of the ISTH?
- Willing to participate in up to 4 Committee calls per year and to take time out of your schedule during ISTH’s annual meetings to attend a committee meeting?
- Dedicated to proactively champion causes that will promote the field of thrombosis and hemostasis?
- Bring your personal and professional connections to advance the ISTH’s objectives?
If you are an active member of the Society, you are eligible, and we would be delighted to have your involvement in one of our ISTH committees. The following committees will be accepting new members:
- Education & Outreach – deals with all matters of training, education and professional skills development globally and outreach to regions where the Society is less known
- Ethics – concerns itself with the principles, values and rules of conduct related to how the Society operates
- Finance – looks after ISTH’s financial resources, investments and financial policies and practices
- Governance – makes sure that the Society has the appropriate and most conducive legal and governing framework and systems for an effective and efficient operation
- Guidance & Guidelines – oversees and promotes the Society’s guidance and guidelines processes
- Lectures & Awards – administers the most important Society recognitions to recognize excellence in the thrombosis and hemostasis community
- Membership & Communications – tends to matters of effective communications, membership growth, retention and benefits
- Nominating – oversees the process by which the ISTH elects or appoints its leadership
- Publications – looks after the ISTH publications efforts in support of the editorial team(s)
How can you express your interest and be considered?
Simply complete the online submission form here. You will need the following information to submit the form:
- Your membership number (easy to find on your membership profile on the Society website)
- Indication of the committee(s) you would be interested in serving on
- A brief statement of what motivates you to serve on (a) particular committee(s) and how you would envision your contributions to the committee(s) success
- A short description of any relevant background or experience you have in a given committee’s subject area
Expressions of interest from all regions of the world and all age groups are welcome and will be carefully considered to constitute committees that are effective, efficient and diverse, reflecting the global nature of the ISTH.
Please note that if invited to serve on a committee, new committee members may be invited to attend their first committee meeting during the ISTH SSC 2016 meeting in Montpellier
- To provide as many meaningful volunteering opportunities to our members as possible
- To give you true opportunities to make a difference to the success and impact of the Society
- To provide you with personal and professional opportunities in a leadership role in a major international Society
- To value and recognize you for your time and commitment
If you have questions about the process, please contact ISTH’s Secretary General, Evan Sadler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ingrid Pabinger, MD
Chairman-Elect, ISTH Council