| Thrombosis survivors from around |
the world posted photos
on social media
|Airline passengers at Cardiff Airport |
in Wales, UK were informed about
the dangers of developing a blood
clot when in hospital
| In Taipei, Taiwan, organizers held |
a presentation and press
conference at the National Taiwan
On behalf of the ISTH and the members of the World Thrombosis Day Steering Committee, we would like to say Thank You for the incredible support and collaboration we have received from around the world in launching World Thrombosis Day. More than 175 organizations from more than 65 countries organized hundreds of events on October 13. Thanks to the efforts of countless individuals, World Thrombosis Day reached millions around the world! We are truly humbled and amazed by the enthusiasm, numbers, creativity and impact of our inaugural WTD.
Did you miss it?
Efforts included: press conferences, TV interviews, creative videos, professional seminars, political briefings, the development and performance of a dedicated thrombosis dance in Malaysia, the organization of a WTD marathon in Egypt, a flash mob of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, and public information campaigns on a local market in the Netherlands (just to name a few).
Please visit www.worldthrombosisday.org to review reported activities by country as well as to browse our photo gallery.
Here is just a very brief snapshot of the impact of WTD from a few days after October 13:
- 75+ 2014 WTD partners; already we are receiving requests to participate in 2015.
- 65+ countries took part in WTD awareness building activities on/around October 13; the actual reach is likely much greater!
- Millions of people reached around the world via the media for our first day. An early snapshot shows media placements on all inhabited continents around the world!
- 9 million impressions from a WTD #ClotChat on Twitter with Steering Committee Chairman Dr. Gary Raskob and in collaboration with the American Heart Association and the American Society of Hematology.
- 4 million impressions with the hashtag #WTDay14 on Twitter. #WTDay14 was a no. 1 top trending hashtag on Symplur on October 13!
- 85,000+ impressions via our WTD Facebook page on October 13 alone; it took just four months to grow our network on Facebook to 2,000 likes and 85,000 impressions.
Watch some WTD informational videos produced and used for WTD 2014.
Review the findings of the largest international assessment of public awareness about blood clots ever undertaken.
We are expecting to provide a full first World Thrombosis Day Impact Report as part of the next ISTH e-newsletter at the end of November.
Last but not least, we would like to recognize the ISTH World Thrombosis Day Sponsors: