Join Mailing List   |   Jobs   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
2014 Milwakee Agenda
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/27/2013 at 9:58:29 AM GMT
2014 Milwakee Agenda

Dear colleagues,

Its time to get started on the program for the SSC meeting next june in Milwaukee and get together a program of interesting talks. There is now a system which you may be familiar with involving the ISTH website and  using the website for collaboration and communication. I have not used this before so it is an experiment to start with but looks straightforward.

This involves creating a new forum topic on the subcommittee page and co-chairs can also post proposals for presentations on this open forum. 

The deadline for the submission of the program is on February 2014, but it would be good to start discussing proposals with all of you well ahead. So far topics that have been successful were the updates on FXI/FXII inhibitor development (safer anticoagulation) and Thomas has suggested we have another session of this kind so this could be a topic to kick start the process.

We will have a 4-hour slot entirely dedicated to SSC activities.

The format for our next meeting could be to follow the format of Amsterdam and aim for 20 minute talks, but I will be very happy to have your thoughts on this.

At this time,I would kindly ask you to start suggesting possible topics for each session and/or for each talk.

The most voted topics for each session shall have the priority, but we will make sure with the co-chairs that all projects will receive adequate attention and proper discussion during the SSC meeting or during subsequent meetings.

from the previous SSC session note that Umesh Desai could not attend so one possibility is to try to ask him to give his talk in Milwaukee.

Other possibilities for topics are

- NETs, nucleic acids and the contact system -

- Laboratory testing and the contact system-  

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you

jonas

10/2/2013 at 5:23:59 AM GMT

Dear Jonas,

I think the suggestions you gave are good ones and could (should) be included in the programme. In addition, we could have a discussion (debate?) on polyphosphates and activation of the contact system.

For filling the programme: we could do an item on the development and characterization of a humanized inhibiting antibody against factor XI, which fits in your topic of FXI/FXII inhibitor development.

Best wishes,

Joost Meijers

10/7/2013 at 2:22:19 PM GMT

Dear joost

yes polyphosphates is good. we could have a joint NETS and polyphosphates topic heading as the two are related in the sense they (nucleic acids, polyp) are both polymers that interact with the contact system.

and yes an anti-FIX antibody would fit into the topic on inhibitor development. 

best regards

yours jonas

11/6/2013 at 3:25:40 PM GMT
Dear Jonas,

I agree with the suggested topics thusfar. The idea of Joost Meijers to ad a discussion or debate to the program is a good suggestion. This discussion could have the same length as the presentations namely 20 minutes.
I would like to add the following topic / discussion point: Is the contact system involved in both arterial and venous thrombosis?

Kind regards,
José Govers-Riemslag

2/19/2014 at 6:55:24 PM GMT
Agenda for SSC 2014 now avaliable
Thank you all for your contributions to the program for the Factor XI subcommittee at the SSC 2014 meeting in Milwaukee. The program has been finalized and can be seen online by clicking here.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal
This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.