Join Mailing List   |   Jobs   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
2016 Annual Minutes
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/8/2016 at 5:09:29 PM GMT
2016 Annual Minutes

Haemotasis &Malignancy SSC Committee meeting Minutes – Montpellier 2016

Chair: Marc Carrier (present)

Co-Chairs: Guy Meyer (present); Simon Noble (regrets); Alok Khorana (regrets); Cihan Ay (regrets); Nigel Mackman (regrets); Joseph Palumbo (regrets).

1)      Prediction and prevention of cancer-associated thrombosis

a.       Biomarkers for the prediction of VTE in Cancer Patients – A Falanga, Italy

i.      Review of the evidence on the different biomarkers and the risk of cancer-associated thrombosis (CAT)

ii.      Report of the preliminary results of the second cohort (metastatic cancer patients)  of the Hypercan study

b.      Primary prevention of VTE in cancer patients – G Myer, France

i.      Excellent review of the different primary prevention trial in ambulatory cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.

2)      Clinical debate: Pro and con occult cancer screening in patients with unprovoked VTE – M Carrier & G Le Gal.

a.       Review of the recently published literature on the efficacy of occult cancer screening

b.      ACTION:

i.      Proposal for Guidance statement on occult cancer screening in patients with unprovoked VTE

ii.      Interested SSC members: A Delluc (France)and Ramon Lecumberri (Spain)

1.       M Carrier to follow-up with interested members

2.       Send a Proposal to SSC Chair by fall 2016

3)      Recurrent VTE and cancer-associated thrombosis

a.       NETS in cancer-associated coagulopathy – J Thaler, Austria

i.      Review of the new potential importance of NETS in cancer patients

b.      Risk factors for recurrent CAT- A Delluc, France

i.      Excellent review of the risk of recurrent VTE in CAT patients

4)      Tools for clinical research and updates of SSC initiatives

a.       Statistics for Thrombo-Oncologists

i.      Updates on new statistical (methods) requirements for cancer research (competitive risk, complex risk factors, etc.)

b.      Updates:

i.      Coagulopathy in Prostate Cancer Patients Under Androgen Deprivation

1.       ACTION:

a.       Proposal for a cohort study assessing TEG in cancer patients

i.      M Carrier to assess potential resources available at SSC meeting on May 27th

ii.      SSC registry on incidental PE in cancer patients

1.       M Di Nisio has enrolled 461 patients (total sample 600). Should be done within next year.

2.       ACTION:

a.       Final results to be presented in Berlin 2017

iii.      Other SSC Projects:

1.       S. Noble

a.       Qualitative analyses of VTE in cancer position statement

2.       J. Palumbo

a.       Pediatrics’ VTE cancer guidelines collaboration with the Pediatric SSC group

3.       C. Ay

a.       Use of D dimer in cancer-associated VTE

4.       ACTION:

a.       Aim to complete on-going projects by SSC 2017

iv.      New SSC project proposal:

1.       H Rasmussen

a.       Active cancer definition in clinical trials

2.       S Noble

a.       Anticoagulation in patients with cancer undergoing chemotherapy treatment

3.       ACTION:

a.       Identify members willing to participate on the projects

b.      Submit proposal to SSC Chair by fall 2017 

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal
This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.