Join Mailing List   |   Jobs   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
Call for topics: SSC on Vascular Biology Agenda (Milwaukee, 2014)
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/18/2013 at 12:41:06 PM GMT
Call for topics: SSC on Vascular Biology Agenda (Milwaukee, 2014)

Dear co-chairs and colleagues,  

The next SSC meeting of the ISTH will be held from June 23-26 in Milwaukee. Our first task is to organize the next SSC meeting on Vascular Biology.  

Deadline for program submission is February 1, 2014. We will have a 4 hours (or more) dedicated to SSC on VB activities. Whether or not the Education program is included in this time slot, is unclear to me at present.  

During the last SSC in Amsterdam, I made two observations: for most presentations there was insufficient time for discussion, and (at least for me,  given the heterogeneity of the 3 topics) a concise  overview on the "history and state of the art" of each topic would have been helpful. Although the topics were covered in the Education Program, these talks were not really overviews / introductions to a general public.  

Therefore, I have 2 suggestions and  would greatly appreciate to your opinion:  

*       less presentations and more time for discussion (10 minutes + 10 minutes)

*       a more general introduction and update to each of the topics (15-20 minutes each) during the Educational program (Shed proteins/receptors, Circulating endothelial (progenitor)cells, and Microparticles).  

The program on the SSC on Vascular Biology in Amsterdam included 5 parts:  

1:      Congress education program (introduction to parts 2-4)

2:      Shedded proteins and receptors

3:      Circulating endothelial (progenitor) cells

4:      Microparticles

5:      Standardization  

At this time, I would kindly ask you to start suggesting  topics for each session and/or for each talk. In principle, we should review and discuss currently ongoing SSC projects, proposals for new SSC projects, or interesting ongoing studies that you are aware of or that you are working on. I would kindly ask you to send the topic to this mailing list in order to collect all ideas.  

A call for topics will also be posted in the Subcommittee webpage before the end of this month.   Thanks for your input,  

Rienk Nieuwland

2/19/2014 at 6:46:48 PM GMT
Agenda for SSC 2014 now avaliable
Thank you all for your contributions to the Vascular Biology subcommittee meeting agenda for SSC2014 in Milwaukee. The agenda has been finalized and is now available online here.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal
This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.